surveys are fun...or something
Friday, June 18 at 9:41 AM

okay...so i'm gonna try something a little different. i've filled out this incredibly long survey (sorry!) for you all to read so you can learn more about me. read it, ignore it, skim it...whatever.

then, and this could be really fun if you want it to be, you guys can fill out the (much shorter) survey at the bottom. copy, paste, and email it to me (lauren.brown@newspring.cc) and i will compile your answers and post them if i get enough responses. be serious, be funny, be both...i don't care. just do it. (please?)

name = lauren fay brown
piercings = two in each ear
tattoos = none, yet…coming soon
height = 5’ 7” and something
shoe size = 10
hair color = brown
eye color = brown
siblings = older brother

[LAST...]
movie you watched = shattered glass
movie you bought = ummm…i can’t usually justify spending the money. i guess it was national lampoon’s Christmas vacation (i can justify that?..funny).
song you listened to = i win (abra moore…courtesy of mcdigital’s itunes)
cd you bought = soul sessions (joss stone)
cd you listened to = actual cd, not itunes? probably dave barnes…before i got waterdeep stuck in the cd player.
person you've called = shua…returned his call after two failed attempts in publix.
person that's called you = mom
tv show you've watched = what not to wear

[DO...]
you have a crush on someone = crush? i wouldn’t say that…
you wish you could live somewhere else = sometimes
you think about suicide = no. can’t even fathom that.
you believe in online dating = i guess it works for some people…creeps me out though.
others find you attractive = you’d have to ask them.
you want more piercings = nah
you like roller coasters = no (but i’ve really never ridden one, so who knows?)
you write in cursive or print = usually it’s a combo of the two

[HAVE/WHAT ARE YOU...]
ever cried over a boy = oh yeah
ever been in a fist fight = is this really a question? no.
shampoo do you use = aussie smooth
shoes do you wear = flops most all of the time
scared of = being 30 and single (can’t help it). death (i know there’s no need to be, but the forever thing freaks me out when i really think about it). people in spandex.

[NUMBER...]
of times I have been in love? = i guess none…thought i was once.
of times I have had my heart broken? = depends on how you define heartbreak.
of hearts I have broken? = maybe a couple…you’d have to ask the boys.
of times my name has appeared in the paper? = well, counting honor roll and all that crap…probably a lot.
of things in my past that I regret? = if i knew the number for that, i’d be scared. i’d like to say “oh, I don’t regret anything...it’s all made me who i am..” but there are a few things i would probably change if possible.

[DO YOU THINK YOU ARE...]
pretty = yes, pretty weird.
hot = no. i’m always cold. like, right now i have on jeans and a little zip-up sweatshirt and it’s 89 degrees outside (but cold in the office…at least to me).
friendly = yes, but awkward around people i don’t know…so i might seem unfriendly.
amusing = at times
loveable = i hope so…
sweet = generally
dorky = definitely. i love scrabble and crosswords…what can i say?

[FAVORITE...]
5 letter word = grace
Actor/actress = right now…john cusack (i just love him…can’t help it)
Candy = either kit kat or reese’s peanut butter cups
Cartoon = space ghost coast to coast
Cereal = go lean crunch (awesome…seriously)
Chewing gum = orbit wintermint
Color(s) = blue and green
Color nail polish = clear
Day of week = sunday
Least fave day = thursday…too quiet around here.
Flower = yeah, i don’t know what any of them are called, so i’ll just say yellow roses with the sorta pinkish red around the top of the petals.
Jello flavor = i can’t remember the last time i ate jello.
Jewelry = mood rings. ha.
Summer/Winter = summer

[PERSON WHO LAST...]
Slept in your bed = me
Saw you cry = ummmm, that’s a tough one. does getting all teary-eyed count? if so, it would be shua (weird). if not…ruthanne.
Made you cry = me and my unmet expectations.
Went to the movies with you = karl
Sent you an email = nick c.

[HAVE YOU EVER...]
Said "I love you" and meant it? = yes and no (refer to the other love question)
Gone out in public in your pajamas = college…everyone does that in college.
Kept a secret from everyone = probably, but i’m not good at it.
Cried during a movie = oh yeah. armegeddon makes me cry. what??
Planned your week based on the TV = no
Been on stage = yes
Been to New York = yes
Been to California = yeah, many times. born there. lived there for a little while.
Hawaii = yes, and i wanna go back right now.
China = nope
Japan = negative
Canada = don’t think so
Europe = no
Australia = no, but I really wanna go…

[THIS OR THAT?]
Apples or bananas? = bananas
Blue or red? = blue
Walmart or target? = target…all the way. that store makes me happy.
What are you gonna do after you finish this? = go hang out with jordybug and ry…the greatest kids in the world.
What was the last meal you ate? = lunch. sandwich, potato salad, and an apple.
Are you bored? = totally…i’m doing this survey aren’t i?
Last noise you heard? = the sound of my fingers hitting the keys
Last smell you sniffed? = vanilla clouds lip gloss

[FRIENDSHIP/LOVE]
Do you believe in love at first sight? = not really
Do you want children one day & if so, how many? = yes. i guess my husband and i will decide that…but i think at least two. three sounds good, but i’ll keep you posted.

[OTHER INFO]
Criminal record = um, no…does getting pulled over by a mall cop count?
Do you speak any other languages? = not at all
Last book you read = last book i finished? waking the dead. awesome.
Name some of your favorite things in your bedroom = comforter, art supplies, pictures of my friends

[YOU]
Nickname(s) = lb
Initials = lfb
How old do you look? = apparently, about 21
How old do you act? = depends
Glasses/Contacts = neither. 20/20 vision.
Do you have any pets? = a wienie dog, smokey…but he is at my parents’ house now.
You get embarrassed = rarely, but then it’s usually for a stupid reason.
What makes you happy? = so many things…here’s a few…children. hugs. lounging by the pool all afternoon on Sunday. photos. being creative. worshipping. laughter. traveling to new locations. being needed. hanging with jordybug and ry. encouraging words. knowing jesus.
What upsets you? = lateness. people who should know better. parents who don’t discipline their kids. dead churches. “Christians” who do more harm than good. dishonesty.

[FINISH THE SENTENCE:]
I Love to...sing in the car at the top of my lungs.
I Miss...erin.
I Wish...that every church could be as awesome as new spring.
I Hope...i get to travel to Africa one day.
I'm Annoyed by...how microsoft word keeps capitalizing words that I don’t want capitalized.
I Want to be...a wife and a mom.
I Would Never...bungee jump.
I Am Tired of...filling out this survey.
I Will Always be...learning…growing…following Christ.




1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
2. Am I loveable?
3. How long have you known me?
4. When and how did we first meet?
5. What was your first impression?
6. Do you still think that way about me now?
7. What do you think is my weakness?
8. Do you think I will marry?
9. What makes me happy?
10. What makes me sad?
11. What reminds you of me?
12. If you could give me anything what would it be?
13. How well do you know me?
14. When's the last time you saw me?
15. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
16. Do you think I could kill someone?
17. Describe me in one word.
18. Do you think our friendship is getting stronger/weaker/or staying the same?
19. Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?
20. Are you going to put this on your journal and see what I say about you?